Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Void?I don't think so. It's called freedom

Commitment phobes start each new relationship with high, and usually unrealistic expectations. But It doesn't take long for them to feel suffocated and trapped by the thought of a long-term commitment.

Lately I've just realised something. I'm already in the late 20s club!Damn I feel old. Now I'm starting to understand the advice from my seniors.

"Your life changes to the fast lane once you start working"

Guess I just have to run with the sands of time, without knowing what obstacles I'll stumble along on the way. The reason is that things move so fast, I just don't have the time to comprehend or register with them. One moment I started working, the next moment I have to buy a car, then the next, I have to buy a house. Judging from the trend, marriage is somewhere along those lines as well!

A lot of my peers are either married or planning to get married. I've already attended a few and let me tell you, the sight of them walking down the aisle feels like a time for mourning. I guess it's just me. The thought of marriage really scares me. I mean let alone the commitment and responsibilities, the financial security you must have in order to get married! You must have at least a minimum of RM50, 000 to get married! That's a lot of money if you ask me. After marriage, you must provide a roof for the missus. God knows how much you've gotta spend some more on that. It just doesn't stop there. Wait till the junior/s comes along. Bottom line, you've gotta be prepared to be a slave for the rest of your life which is just to much for me. Heck, I'm barely surviving, let alone supporting a partner.



I don't think I'm even looking to get into a relationship, let alone a state of matrimony. Guess I'm just not cut out for it and definitely not ready to move out of my comfort zone. Work and gym on the weekdays and fun over drinks with friends on the weekend. Getting into a relationship means I would have to give those up which is something I'm not too keen on doing just yet. From my past experience I can pretty much say it all. Sacrificing what I liked doing but ended up flat on my face is not a nice experience. People say my standards are too high but what do they know. It's hard to describe it. Maybe this can:

Baby, everything has fallen into place
My life is so exciting now I've got my space
Like a splash of water on my face
Lately I'm doing what I can do to pleasure me
I'm finding time to focus on my fantasies
I'm satisfied in my own company

I don't need your permission
To take this matter in my own two hands

Lady, all we seem to do is talk about
We take apart and analyse our ins and outs
Honey, I would rather do without

No-one to answer to
I won't spend another lifetime begging you

There's a spring in my stride
There's a twinkle in my dying eyes

'Cos I'm holding my own
Give or take a tear or two
I'm holding my own
No matter what I put myself through

-The Darkness-

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger benalog said...

jeeg, why so drama laaaa? when its time, it will happen...unless u hook up and marry a bitch...

1:47 PM  
Blogger supa_jock said...

woi woi choi choi...don't want to get married leh...come to think of it, among all of us, you're the only married man!

4:11 PM  
Blogger benalog said...

hence your post jeeg...as long as u dont end up loving another man...hehe

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home