Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Good while it lasted

What was is now what's done. It's time to forget the past

Last weekend, a mate of mine invited me to attend some event but was unable to because of other commitments. While he was there, he sms-ed me:

You'll never guess who's standing next to me...your ex!

From the content of his replied smses, I suspected that he was trying to tell me something. Eventhough I was curious, I brushed all suspicions aside. It's either I'm just tired of these charades especially when it comes to matters related to her or I just couldn't care less. Well anyway, the next day, he stopped the charades and broke the news to me straight in my face. She's seeing someone new.

Well my reaction to it was some sort lukewarm. I didn't feel scared nor pain nor sad nor bitter, basically all these surpressed feelings. In fact I was quite glad that she has found some one new. I actually did feel happy for her, from the bottom of my heart.....honestly! Guess I've came to terms my with flaws and weaknesses and accepted my imperfections. It was only fair for myself to feel this way. Besides, keeping something which was never mine to begin with equates to stealing.
.
.
.
Steal Pronunciation Key (stl)v. stole,(stl)sto·len,(stln) steal·ing,steals v.tr.
  1. To take (the property of another) without right or permission
I guess this new person in her life possess the qualities that I obviously don't have. Qualities that matches up with her and furnishes her with happiness. I don't hold any grudges and hope that this new found person of hers' won't do the same as what she did to me. If she's happy, then good things don't have to come to an abrupt end, that's why I'm wishing her well. I hope that she'll be much happier with him than she ever was with me. All the best and take good care of yourself, and your new found partner (ok that was a bit cheeky...nyek nyek nyek).

In closing, I'll leave behind a quote which sums up my 2 cents on my past relationships:

"All's fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley -

The best of man is the man who in wishing her well wishes it for her sake

5 Comments:

Blogger gwen said...

you sure are emotional :P

9:10 AM  
Blogger arboon! said...

good to know that u've moved on...

it's been like what? 1 whole year already?

1:02 PM  
Blogger supa_jock said...

sugwen: I won't call it emo...let's just call it eerrr expressive? =P

arboon: too consumed by work. Guess it's a good outlet to forget everything and eventually help you move on. Almost a year my friend. Come next month then 1 year.

12:21 AM  
Blogger benalog said...

hahah...jeegidek jeegidek....check your archives..many have advised once u get a job, all would NOT be forgotten but matters not no more...

but i'd look at it in a different light. i wouldnt have the opinion that the new guy can "furnish" her with happiness and all that bs. all have imperfections, thats what makes each of us truly unique. if she cant hack you uniqueness, then too bad laa..haha

2:21 PM  
Blogger supa_jock said...

ham chim ben...I followed everyone's advise by getting a job and I got 1...Wanted a job that'll take almost all my time and I think I've gotten more than I bargained for. No time for anything including my own friends *sigh* how sad is that?My uniqueness?You mean the "come hassle me" face that I have? -_-'

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home