Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A nice person may not be a fool

Nice people (men and women) finish last

Lately I've been hearing a lot of ranting from single women saying that they want a nice and decent man if they ever want to get into a relationship, let alone marriage. Guess the women around me are hitting their prime and their biological isn't doing them any justice either.

All that ranting and complains saying that nice and decent men are dead and how they would love to get their hands on one if they ever come across these rare species got me thinking. Then this question pops into my head which applies to all regardless of gender.

What makes us think we deserve that person?

I know of this person, let's call her A. A loves talking about stuff related to relationships and her kind of ideal person. Basically A feels that after all the bad and failed past relationship experienced, she feels that it's time for her to have a better man by her side; to serenate her, shower her with attention, treat her with utmost respect, love her like there's no tomorrow, a humble forgiving person and many more criterias. Another friend of mine, let's call him B, has shown interest and has made his advancement quite obvious. From my observation, B has been quite unfortunate. Whatever A wants, A gets, courtesy of B such as:
  • A needs transport to hangout with her friends, B will pick her up AND hangout with her friends while ditching his own friends.
  • A wants let's just say a very hard to find limited edition The Darkness CD, B would go out of his way to get it for her.
  • A few other incidents I can't really recall.
I'm not sure whether A actually knows of B's intentions, but from my point of view, I reckon that A is using him, regardless or not whether she realises it. B tells me that he doesn't seem to be getting any positive signs or any slightest hint that she's returning his advancements despite all he has done for her. I really pity that guy. From his past relationships, he was always taken advantage of from his exes due to his Mr. nice guy persona.

I'm an emphatic person (which will cause my downfall one day). I tend to put myself in someone else's shoe and try to feel or understand what they're going or went through. Knowing myself very well, I'm not a nice person and would definitely not want to hurt a good person.

Becareful of what you do. There's a thin line that separates a nice person and a fool. Don't mistaken a nice person for a fool as a nice person may not be a fool.

http://www.oxfordstudent.com/ht2001wk1/Columns/why_good_guys_finish_last

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ej. said...

hahahah this B sounds like you... You sure its not you?

aAHAHAHHAHAHAH

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home