Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Same shit different year

Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect

The curtains for the year 2005 closed to usher in the new year of 2006. Reflecting back on the past year, I would say 2005 was a year filled with ups and downs for me. The first half of the year was one of the best times I've ever had and the second half of the year was one of the worst times I've ever been through. Exactly a year ago, I was ushering in the new year on the beach overlooking Perth city as the fireworks embraced the skyline. What an unforgettable beautiful sight.

A new year means a new beginning. It doesn't seem to make a difference for me. It just feels like this new year is just another year filled with the same bullshit as last year. I see no point in making any resolutions for the new year when I know I can't deliver. One of the things I learnt from the war is that I should take 2006 by the day and not by the year. Never plan your year so far ahead as unforseen circumstances can be a stumbling block. Hopes can be dash, joy and happiness can crumble. Depression and misery can consume. Let us not forget this as we embrace the new year with ambiguity and doubt.

Lately I had another friend who's going through the wars. As she relates her situation to me, it all seemed so familiar. As if I was going through a deja vu. I understand exactly what she's going through. For her, she doesn't have the courage to leave despite people telling her that she deserves better. For me, I'm still struggling to contain my desires to get her back despite people telling me that she's not worth it after what she's done to me. We know what needs to be done but we chose to listen to our hearts and turn the other way. I guess we're both victims of bad asses caught in a bottomless manipulation pitt struggling to climb to the surface of reality.

Last night I had that dream again. This time, I was looking at her face to face. She told me that she misses me and misses the times we were together. I told her the same thing as well and I told her I still love her. Then I asked her

"I still want you back. I'm lost without you. Please make me whole again"

She said yes. Overjoyed, I took her cute and gentle little fingers and stroke it gently on my face. I gave her hand a kiss. After that, I grasped her fingers close enough to be in the clutches of my fingers. As they met, we walked aimlessly, hand in hand. When I woke up, I realised that it was all nothing but a dream. My world came crashing down on me. AGAIN!!

P/S: Happy New Year everyone. I hope many good things installed for the rest of you out there as we usher in the new year!

5 Comments:

Blogger arboon! said...

nyamagechau-emo-hai...

i think u need the 'more good things installed' more than any one of us man...

so when's the dateline?!?!

11:45 PM  
Blogger supa_jock said...

Judging from how things are progressing, my outlook for this new year is not so good. I rather be the one suffering in silence then to see the people around me suffer the same fate I went through. That's why I hope the new year will bring good things for the people around me. The deadline?6 months from August...time running out for me already.*sigh*

*emo* *emo* *emo* *emo*

12:17 AM  
Blogger YC said...

*ROAR*

9:31 PM  
Blogger arboon! said...

so how wei?!?!

when's the exact date?!?!

1:37 AM  
Blogger supa_jock said...

YC: *RrRoOoAaaAaRrR*....*doing emo dance*

Arboon: So how?Time for us to play some detective/magnum PI shit!!woot woot!there's not exact date la...These kind of things unpredictable. I'll know when the time comes..these kind of things are according to instinct/intuition/gut feeling or whatever

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home